A gentle introduction to sourceforgeisaefr » History » Version 1
A gentle introduction to sourceforge.isae.fr¶
A Gentle Introduction to the ISAE' SourceForge
- Table of contents
- A gentle introduction to sourceforge.isae.fr
- Creating an account
- Creating a project
- Private and Public projects
- Joining a project
Creating an account¶
If you are ISAE'member, you can use your ISAE account to log to sourceforge.You need to create an account if you want to:
- contribute to a project
- join a project
- go to SourceForge's front page
- click on Register (at upper right)
- Fill in the requested fields and click Register.
You will receive a confirmation email a short time later that contains important information to complete the creation of your account.
Once your account has been created, you can access it through Log in link at Front page's upper right or directly at https://sourceforge.isae.fr/my/account.
Creating a project¶To create a project, you need :
- to be member of ISAE
- to post a ticket on https://centre-services.isae.fr indicating the name of the project, a short description.
Once your project request submitted, you will quicky receive an email mentioning that your project has been approved.Please note :
- If you intend to use a source control manager (SCM), GIT is the default tool.
- Each project create an automatic GIT repository
- The GIT repository is avalaible on : https://sourceforge.isae.fr/git/<ProjectIdentifier>
- the SourceForge's administration team reserve the right to control aposteriori the project requests and to suspend any project that do not comply with the criteriae wanted by ISAE.
Private and Public projects¶
A project can be more or less open to public visitors. These settings are to the charge of the project's administrator(s).
The project manager can set the Public/Not public flag to open the project or not.
Joining a project¶To join a project, you need to:
- To create an account
- To contact the project manager