NOAA satellites are permanently broadcasting weather images of the planet from a non-geostationary orbit (POES satellites).
This project aims to:
• Build an antenna compatible with the NOAA/POES/APT system.
• Build a receiver of weather images based on our software-defined radio facilities.
Description of expected work¶
The different steps to conduct are:
• Study & describe the techniques used for transmitting NOAA/POES/APT weather images.
• Build a receiving antenna. The antenna will be installed on the roof the satcom lab.
• Develop a software-defined radio NOAA/APT receiver.
• Test the complete system.
Antoine Quéré SCS 2017
Joris Schneider SCS 2017
Supervisor: Tarik Benaddi - Télécom Bretagne